Monday, January 10, 2011

Salad for Supper

A couple of my friends noticed that I was hungry today. I don't know why. Normally, I can go all day with just a smoothie or even just one banana. I had a smoothie this morning. One just like here, except without the flax seeds... I think today the reason that I got hungry was because I was searching for tid bits on raw fooding to share on my Facebook account, and ran into a blog with some killer raw recipes that definitely had my mouth watering. I was so hungry that I ate a couple of pieces of bread, and forget about it! The carbs went into overtime dropping my blood glucose and my stomach was yelling at me to eat! My husband was going to go out to get something (as I am not that raw yet), but we remembered we had a precut salad in the refrigerator. We just took it out, sprinkled some olives on it (which were not raw) and voila - instant supper. We didn't even have any dressing. The saltiness of the olives did the trick of substitution of dressing for me.

That is my husband's hand in the back. He was chopping up the onion, so the salad is pictured without the onion.


It was a very yummy and healthy supper. I just wish that there had been more.

Blessings,
Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment