Monday, January 10, 2011

Delicious Dessert (Banana/Plantain, Strawberry, Blueberry, Pecan)

Normally we don't eat dessert, but with only a light salad for supper, I was still hungry. I promised that I would put anything cooked on here, but this was a substitute. I only have two bananas in the house, and they are for the morning smoothies. If not, I would have used raw bananas rather than the plantains. But the good news is that they are not fried, like my husband likes them.

I took two plantains and chopped them into about 1/2 or so inch slices.


I drenched them in molasses. Yes, molasses are healthy.


Then I sprinkled them with a good coating of chili powder and turmeric.


And I laid them on my George Foreman Grill, allowing them to grill probably about 15 minutes or so.


After that I laid them out on a plate and placed some sliced frozen strawberries, frozen blueberries and some pecans on them...


Yummy! It would have been better, however, if I had used the regular, raw bananas. It wasn't too bad though... no oil and no frying. Still healthy...


Blessings,
Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment